I've Cried A Lot.....

>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The last ten days I've cried.....a lot.....for a lot of reasons.

Ten days ago, My Marine came home and told me that he would be deploying to Iraq in May -- and I cried.

My beloved German Shepherd, Mitzi, has been really sick. She'll be 15 next month and was my first dog -- and my first baby. I'm worried that her time is near, and while I tell her that it's ok for her to go -- I'm not ready for her to go -- and I've cried.

My beautiful baby girls have done such adorable things -- like holding hands and attempting to sing Christmas carols (at least as much as a 5 year old and a 16-month old can....) -- and I've cried.

I've peeked in on them in the middle of the night -- watching them sleep and hearing their little baby breathing, so peaceful and so innocent -- and I've cried.

My first-born baby girl turned 5. I remembered the day she was born like it was yesterday. She was a true gift from God. As I remember her past five years and what a blessing she is to me -- I've cried.

I became so overwhelmed by our friends' generosity and love for Nani - which was made evident during her birthday party -- and I've cried.

I turned 40 -- and I've cried. (Enough said about that!)

I had a fight with My Marine -- over stupid stuff like laundry and the fact that my eBay stuff is taking over the house. I immediately became defensive -- and I've cried.

My Marine called me from work to tell me that now he is NOT deploying in May and that they've moved him out of that unit -- AND I'VE CRIED!!!

Big things, little things, happy things, sad things, worry, praise.....I've cried through it all. It's amazing how a good cry can make you feel so much better afterwards!

6 comments:

amanda December 15, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

it is pretty crazy how a cry can help you feel better. so does that mean he's not deploying for a very long time?! praying so. :0)

Jenny December 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

The fact that you've cried means that you are alive to be loved and blessed by God! I hope you have a wonderful week and a Merry Christmas!

Amanda: December 15, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Oh honey - tears can be so cleansing. Know that I'm holding you in my heart, friend.

Helene December 15, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

You know, crying is a good thing. It definitely helps lift the burden you're feeling at the time. It's a great release when you feel like you're gonna explode for whatever reason.

I've been thinking about you a lot lately. A friend of mine was complaining to me the other day about her husband coming home from work late every day and all I could do was think of you and how you'd love for your husband to home every evening, no matter what time he walked through the door. I hope him moving out of the unit means he won't have to go away!

The Four Week Vegan December 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Crying is such a release. I am so sorry about your doggy :( , but so happy to hear your Marine is sticking around :)

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun December 17, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Hooray that your Marine will not be deployed!!

You're 40??? Seriously??

You give me hope!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP