I Love to Read......

>> Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I love to read. I don't really have a favorite author or genre. I'll really read just about anything. But as I was looking over the books I have read in the past, I found that it was a lot of fiction and parenting books. Nothing wrong with that, of course - but I felt that I needed to expand a little bit.

After much discussion and many suggestions, I decided to challenge myself a bit for 2010 and create a list of biographies/memoirs to read.

It originally started off as a small list -- a list of six books. But as I started digging deeper, I found more and more books that I wanted to read and my list kept getting bigger and bigger.

What started out as six ended up as fifteen!

So, here, in no particular order, is my biography/memoir reading list for 2010.


"My Land and My People" - His Holiness, the Daila Lama of Tibet




"The Camino" - Shirley MacLaine




"The Memoirs of Princess Dashkova - Russia in the Time of Catherine the Great" - Jehanne Gheith




"Under the Duvet: Shoes, Reviews, Having the Blues, Builders, Babies, Families & Other Calamities" - Marian Keyes





"In Search of King Solomon's Mines" - Tahir Shah




"Rebel Without a Minivan: Observations on Life in the 'Burbs" - Tracy Beckerman




"The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific" - J. Maarten Troost




"One More Year" - Sana Krasikov




"Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life" - Queen Noor of Jordan




"Home: A Memoir of My Early Years" - Julie Andrews




"The Slippery Year: A Meditation on Happily Ever After" - Melanie Gideon




"In Spite of Myself" - Christopher Plummer




"Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier" - J. Randy Taraborrelli




"Sinatra: The Life" - Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan




"Funny in Farsi" - Firoozeh Dumas



Happy reading everyone!























6 comments:

Samantha January 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

what a great list! This is a good idea. Good luck in reading all these! :)

Kimberly January 14, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Everytime I try and make a list, it gets way out of hand. So I try to just set my hooks into one at a time and if I stumble upon another, yay me! lol

Good luck with all those. I would love to read Sinatra.

Missy January 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

That is a pretty big list. Good luck getting through it. I love to read too, but sadly don't have much time these days. I do, however, carve out a few days in July to read the newest installment of Janet Evanovich's Numbers series.

Grand Pooba January 14, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

WOW! That's a huge list! I used to hate non-fiction books but now biography and memoirs are my favorite kind! You'll have to let us know if they are any good!

Buckeroomama January 15, 2010 at 3:19 AM  

I love (auto)biographies and was really into them for a while there, but now, I'm going back to my "easy reads." :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP