What Am I, Chopped Liver?

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I love to hear Nani call me Mommy. Lately she's been calling me "Momma", and even though I can't figure out where she got it from, I like that too. I always wanted to be a mom. I never had aspiring goals to be a career woman -- my career was going to be my husband, my kids, and my home.

While I hear "Mommy" on a daily basis from Nani, I still have yet to hear it from Nudgie. And even though every one says not to worry about it, I'm starting to take offense to this little brush-off.

She CAN say it. She HAS said it. Once about a month ago and then once again about a week ago - at My Marine's prompting.

She calls after everyone else -- her sister (Naaaaneeeee), the dog (Aaaaayaaaaa - or otherwords, Zoya), my mom (Buuuuubeeeee), and yes -- even her daddy (Daaaadeeee). Heck, she even said my friend's name (Robin) before she said "Momma".

Darn kid can say her own name and other words in her repetoire includes "Baby" and "Ishy" (fishie) - but no momma.

Now I certainly don't doubt that she loves me. She'll come up to me and put her head on my leg. Or bring me a dirty sock or any other random piece of trash she finds (as long as it's not a dead squirrel, I'm ok with this.) Or she'll make kissy noises at me or put her arms up to be held.

But I still want to hear "Momma"

I work on it at least once a day......

Me: Can you say "Momma"

Nudgie: Uhhhhhhhh

Me: Mom-ma

Nudgie: Aaaaayaaaaa

Me: Mom-ma

Nudgie: Giggles

Me: Mom-ma

Nudgie: Daaaaaa-deeeee

Me: Mom-ma

Nudgie: She farts

Me: (Sigh)....can you please say mom-ma for me?

Nudgie: Puts her head in my lap


I have such a small window of opportunity where they say "Mommy" with love. Then it graduates to the whiny "Moooooo-oooom" when you embarrass them, tell them no, or ask them to do something.

I'm still hoping to hear the "Momma" from Nudgie before she turns 13!

6 comments:

Charity January 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

CG does that with KS, it drives him crazy. When he is home that is. I am hoping that by holding the letters it straightens him up, hopefully it will work!

Annette W. January 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Mommy is so important. I waited 27 months to have ANY name. You can read about it at http://derekannette.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-am-mommy_19.html if you like...me becoming MOMMY.

With a speech disorder, you never know what to expect.

The Four Week Vegan January 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

Mommy and momma - love those words. Yes, now I am mom or when teens are upset with me mother. Occassionally I still hear mommy and I smile in my heart.

Jennifer Haas January 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I am just loving the Mommy and Momma days. I hope they stay. I do have two boys so I may have some hope, I still call my dad, daddy.

Thanks for your sweet comment while I have been MIA. Hopefully I will get to be around more.

Carrie January 13, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

yes... I hate when my two year old says "Mom". still waiting for my 10mo to say mama.... I think she says naynay for me-- who knows!???

Oh- and WOW on all that starbucks cash!! man that is a lot of lattes!

Vanessa January 13, 2010 at 6:36 AM  

Saw your comment and stopped by -- and I, too, love hearing "Mama" so much! I *still* call my mom "Mama," and that's what she called my Granny, so there's hope that we won't always be stuck with "Mo-ooom!" :-) (And my younger daughter also took her precious time with giving the satisfaction of certain words -- namely "yes" in our case!) :-)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP