Mitzi Update

>> Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thanks to everyone who has emailed me and asked me how my baby, Mitzi was doing!  She is doing incredibly well!  Looking just like her old self - except for the bald spot.

She had the tubes in for almost a week.  She required daily flushing and hot compresses to loosen up any dried blood and scabs.








After a week, we took her back to have the tubes removed.  We then had to clean the wounds with peroxide and dig out the scabs that were forming.  For me, this was the part I hated the most because I felt that I was hurting her with the peroxide and pulling the scabs off.  I know I was hurting her.

We had one more obstacle to overcome and that was the hematoma that was forming under her chin.  There was some concern that if it didn't dissapate on it's own, she would have to have another surgery to drain the hematoma and then possibly have a little doggie chinlift. 

Funny - I can't get the cellulite removed from my thighs, but my dog may be having plastic surgery.  Where is the justice in that?

Good thing it didn't have to come to that.  Mitzi healed remarkably well and is back to her old cantankerous self!



6 comments:

Buckeroomama March 11, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

"Funny - I can't get the cellulite removed from my thighs, but my dog may be having plastic surgery. Where is the justice in that?"

LOL!! I'm glad she's doing well now, though.

Unknown March 11, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

I am following you from MBC!
your Blog is great! - can you please follow me back?
xx

Ká.Entre.Nós
http://kaestoueu.blogspot.com/

Mayra March 11, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Sorry to hear about Mitzy but glad she's better now. Love the picture of your little one & the kissy face
<<<<<< and also your story of how you came to live in the toy box years. =D Now following...

liz March 11, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

Ooh, poor, sweet puppers! Hope she's fully healed soon!

Vanessa March 11, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Glad she's doing better! Our doggie recently had surgery and she's tiny, so I called her Frankenpuppy with all the stitches she had!!

melaniet42 March 11, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Good to see she's feeling and doing better!! She is such a sweet looking dog!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP