We Now Resume Regularly Scheduled Programming.....

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm alive.....really I am.  Barely.  But I'm alive.

I've had one hell of a fall/winter with sickness in this house.  Last week it started with a little cough that turned into a full blown head cold/sinus infection.  I thought I had the flu.  I was wrong.

Then when I thought I started to feel better, in the wee hours of Tuesday morning I was stricken with the migraine from hell followed by a 12-hour bout of a stomach bug.  My Marine thinks it was a residual from the migraine, but I thought, hey - might as well milk it for what it was worth.

I went to bed last night after putting the kids to bed and slept for almost 10 straight hours.  Thanks to hubby getting up with the girls as needed.

This morning, I'm able to have my normal morning coffee and I don't feel like I woke up with a pair of My Marine's work socks in my mouth.  Migraine is gone, nausea and upset stomach is gone...and while the cough and congestion still linger, I feel more alive than I have over the past week.

So, I just wanted to give a little shout-out to you all that I'm still here and will resume regular blogging in the morning.

Have a great day everyone -- and take your vitamins!!  ;-)

9 comments:

Annette W. March 10, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

I'm glad he was home to care for you and the kids!

Travel & Dive Girl March 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Yeah for your hubby! I had the same thing you did last week - hope you feel better soon.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments March 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Hope you feel better and better!!!!

Blessings & Aloha!
(I finally realized that I cannot leave a comment on every single post, cuz I spend way too much time! haha
...so from now on when I am doing some catch up blog reading...I will read what I have missed, but try to comment only on the most recent one. :o)

Lisa March 10, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

Glad you'll be back...I've missed you!! and yes, I did think of you while you were down and out:)

Amanda: March 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Ugh... Josh, Logan and I are all sick right now. It's less than pleasant at my house...

melaniet42 March 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but glad to hear you're on the mend!

Anonymous March 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

I love what you say about about being a mommy! Yes, these days shall too pass, enjoy (well not the sick ones!) mommmyhood can be rough, but there are so many sweet moments!

I'm following YOU! :) Get well soon!

Vanessa March 10, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

10 hours of sleep?!? Your husband ROCKS!! Hope you stay well!

Helene March 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Wow, your husband is awesome for letting you get some much-needed rest!!

Hope you feel better soon!

I'm gonna link to your "Good wife" post from yesterday! It's too good to not share!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP