Random Thoughts - Monday Edition

>> Monday, April 19, 2010



I had a great weekend this weekend with my girls.  The weather was beautiful.  We spent all day yesterday outside.  Mommy on a blanket with a book and the girls running around like banshees.  It was that "Perfect Mommy" weekend.  Cookies and brownies were baked.  Crafts were made.  Stories were read.  It was good.  Now that I had a good weekend.....the world can fall apart now. 

******************************************************

I really need to clean my house this week.  I've got babysitters coming over two nights in a row.  A good excuse to mop my kitchen floor, don't you think?

******************************************************

And the reason for the sitter?  Well Friday night is date night for me and My Marine.  We're hoping to go to the local movie tavern for dinner and a movie.  I really don't care what the movie is -- I don't have to cook and I get to sit and watch a movie without interuptions!


******************************************************

The second reason for a sitter?  Thursday night.  My Marine and I have been invited to the Commanding Officer's home for a BBQ with the Jordanian delegation that is going to be in town this week.  This is a result of My Marine's earlier trip to Jordan a few weeks back.  I'm really nervous for Thursday night. We're going to be the lowest ranking folks there.  My stomach is in knots thinking about it -- but I'm also pretty excited.  I need to brush up on my protocol and etiquette.  YIKES! 

2 comments:

One Photo April 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Glad you had a great weekend. How exciting to be going to the BBQ but I understand the nerves too, if it were me I would be equally looking forward to it and dreading it! Have fun on your nights out.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun April 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

What a fun week you have planned! I'll be thinking of you guys Thursday... You must be so nervous and excited at the same time. Can't wait to hear all about it! :-)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP