Deployment Reunion

>> Thursday, June 17, 2010

This is the first time that I'm participating in Mama Kat's Writing Challenge.  The prompt I chose this week is "Describe A Happy Reunion".

I actually have two -- and both were related to My Marine's deployment.

My favorite reunion, by far, was the one where My Marine came home from a 16-month deployment, to the waiting arms of his baby girl and loving wife.  I could write about every single detail -- but I'll let the video speak for itself (starring Yours Truly and My Marine!)

(Be sure to mute the sound on the slideshow before watching the video!)


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



The second happy reunion was when My Marine came home for his 2 week R and R.  Because I had a military ID, I was able to go directly to the gate to greet him when he got off the plane.  I remember being incredibly nervous and pacing back and forth as I watched his plane pull up to the jetway.  I waited anxiously as traveler after traveler got off the plane.  I finally saw a glimpse of him coming down the ramp and ran to greet him as he ran to meet me.  As I was swept into his arms, I remember hearing people in the terminal area start to applaud and cheer - which got even louder when he picked up his baby girl from the stroller and held her close.  As we walked through the airport to get his luggage, people kept welcoming him home and thanking him for his service.  I couldn't get the smile off my face!

And while those are my two most favorite reunions, any time that I'm reunited with My Marine after he's gone is a good reunion!!

10 comments:

One Photo June 17, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

Hi Jennifer

How wonderful to have that footage of your reunion. I cannot imagine what it is like to spend 16 months on your own, as always I admire your courage and everything you, your husband and family do to support your country.

Mayhem and Moxie June 17, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

Oh my gawd, Jennifer. This post has me in absolute tears. Your family is so amazing. There's such a love that you share for one another.

Glad that you were able to share these stories through the fabulous Mama Kat. Love her!!

-Francesca

lori June 17, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

That was awesome. I think I remember seeing that on the news. Nice to see my friends at Channel 7. I am thinking of doing an open letter to Adele Arakawa over at 9News about her hair. Really you would think she would have someone help her out : )

政倫政倫 June 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen Mortensen June 18, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

I bet they were wonderful. I love those type. I couldn't see the video though. I want to.

Unknown June 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

for some reason the video would not load for me. I would have loved to seen it.

Visiting from FFF and following you on GFC as Thrifty Canucks.
Visit me, please, and follow if you can at http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/

Shawn June 18, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

I'm a new follower of friendly Friday follow, please follow me back.
thanks, Mr Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

Julia June 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

That just brought me to tears. How wonderful that you have that footage of your reunion ♥

Lesa Antone June 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

As a proud American and mother, I want to thank you for your selflessness! I cannot imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye to your husband, but please know that his service to our country is so appreciated!!

I am following you from the mbc and would love for you to visit me at
http://LesaSpeaksOut.com

I will be back often to check out more of your posts!! I love it!!!

Karen Mortensen June 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

I finally saw the tape. Wonderful.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP