Recent Craft Projects

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hubby's been gone and I've been bored...at least in the evenings when the girls are in bed.  I can't sleep when My Marine is gone, so I either read, watch TV, craft or read craft blogs. 

I'm a H-U-G-E fan of Kimbo over at A Girl and A Glue Gun.  She always has the neatest crafts going.  My Marine is going to start banning me from reading her blog because every time I do, I always end up making a trip to the craft stores within days!

This last time was no different.  A few weeks back, she posted a series of crafts using terra cotta pots.  I never knew there were so many things you could do with those things -- until I saw THIS.  I didn't know what I was going to do with it -- but I just KNEW that I just HAD to make one!

So off to the crafts stores I went!

Before:



After:


I am so in love with this!!!!

******************************************************

I was also recently contacted by a friend of mine who asked me if I would make her a wall hanging for her new baby's nursery.  I was speechless for a moment -- and thought, why me?  But then I quickly agreed with the stipulation that if she didn't like it, she didn't have to feel obligated to take it.

Based on how she described the nursery, I had an idea in my mind what I wanted to do for her.  Her theme for the nursery is The Giving Tree with shades of brown and green.  The little trees that I wanted to add were too small, so I just opted for different designs on the letters.

I stressed for days over this before plunging in and finally doing it!  So -- I unveil to you my first, ever baby name wall hanging!









Have I mentioned how much I love crafting!?  And that it's much cheaper than therapy??

8 comments:

kim west June 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

so so so so cute! and yes...WAY CHEAPER THAN THERAPY!!!

the thrifty ba June 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

and easier on your hips/thighs thana box of chocolates!

Unique Baby Gear Ideas June 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Hi there, I love that! I can see a field with pretty colored gumballs....only not for long at my house..my girls would empty it in a hurry!

I'm a new follower looking forward to seeing more new crap like this!

Also, could you be persuaded to PLEASE enter my 1st Vera Bradley Giveaway that I have going on right now!

And follow me back on my blogs?
FREE BABY STUFF

GOING GREEN BABY

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES
J Claire

Mama Hen June 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

These are great! Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

Sunny June 12, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

I'm impressed! Those are great! Now I want to make something. :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com June 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Hi there. Thanks for finding me and commenting, so that I could uncover your amazingly creative, warm feeling blog.
I'm along for the ride.
xoRobyn

Anonymous June 14, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

Found your blog on Follow Me Friday. I'm now your newest follower!

Stop by if you get a chance!

www.couponclippindaddy.com

Natalie PlanetSmarty June 14, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

You ARE so crafty - that treats jar looks awesome. Obviously your friend knew that you won't let her down :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP