Back to Crafting - Marshmallow Painting & Picture Frames

>> Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Some friends of mine are having their first baby any day now.  The back story behind this baby is the stuff movies are made of, but bottom line -- this baby is a true miracle.  When my friends found out they were having a boy, the decorated the nursery with a helicopter theme.  No surprise since "P" is a Blackhawk pilot and flies with My Marine frequently.  At a recent gathering, I overhead "H" tell some other friends that they have nicknamed their baby "Little Chopper".  That night, I decided what I wanted to give them for a baby gift.

I'm all about giving gifts that are unique and mean something.  While a registry is great, I just like giving something that has meaning behind it.  Hence, the "Little Chopper" picture frame I made for them.

I found this picture frame on clearance at Hobby Lobby. 


I repainted it, added some wooden letters and a little helicopter wood accent...and viola -- "Little Chopper"


I'm so proud of this one!!!!  And bonus -- they loved it too!!!

***************************************************

And then the other day as I was cleaning the kitchen, I came across a bag of stale marshmallows.  (YUCK!)  Instead of throwing them away immediately, I put them aside for my afternoon craft time with Nani.  (We had to wait until Nudgie was napping because I knew that she would try to eat them instead of paint with them

So, that afternoon, Nani and I sat down and did some marshmallow painting.  I have to say -- she loved it and I had a great time too!


What other things around the house have you used to paint or craft with?


giveaways

2 comments:

Anonymous August 11, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

I love the Little Chopper frame! SO cute!!

Helene August 11, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

You are so crafty! The Little chopper frame is adorable and a gift I'm sure they will treasure!

The marshmallow art is brilliant!!!!!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP