>> Wednesday, August 11, 2010
So, I'm browsing around Etsy....just trying to get some ideas for the store I eventually want to get up and running. (Not doing so hot in that area just yet, but fall is coming and that's when I do my best crafting. It's like hibernating for me!) Anyway - I came across some spectacular treasures (insert sarcasm here) that I just couldn't keep to myself!
For those who feel like their morning stop at Starbucks is like going to war, prepare yourself with this chic little number.
- Willing to negotiate price (Really? What would you gather this to be worth? Certainly not the $9500 you're asking for)
- Made to Order. (Hmmm...I could have sworn I saw this in Target's back-to-school flyer last weekend)
- Includes corset and arm pieces (What's the point of having the 7-ft helmet if you don't have the coordinating corset and arm pieces!)
- Not meant for dancing and such (Crap! I was going to get this to wear to my next rave....and I guess role-playing with My Marine is out too)
- Take practice to walk when worn. (Yes, you do want to make sure you duck when walking through the doorway or getting into elevators)
Did the Twilight series give you such a fear of vampires that it left you bemoaning the fact that there is absolutely no neckware out there to protect you from renegade vampire bites?? Well, folks - fear no more! To meet the heavy demand for protective neckware, I give you the studded, felted cowl neck scarf......
Ummm....yeah...... The creator of this lovely piece of couture (and I use the term lightly) claims that she was inspired by medieval chivalry. I'm sorry, but last time I watched Excalibur, I don't recall Lancelot wearing a necktie of metal spikes. (In the designer's defense, though, if you go to her page, she does have some cute scarves there that AREN'T covered in spikes)
Did you read that folks! Movement and sway!!! Fiercely fun!!! And as a bonus, if your ears are itching, just tilt your head to the side and you've got a built-in ear scratcher!!!
Ladies - have you ever wondered what your man would look like with a little facial hair? Men - do you get frustrated because it may take you forever to grow that beard that you want so badly? Or would you like to see what your girlfriend would really look like if she didn't wax that slight facial hair on a regular basis? Well, a solution has arrived......I present....the bearded stocking hat!
And if black isn't your color, the "beard" also comes in brown. Sorry folks, no blond in stock just yet!
I can see it now. Bank robbers all over the country are placing mass quantity orders. Come to think of it -- I think I saw this guy on a poster at the post office last week!
Be sure to come back in a few days when I show you how to dress like Lady Gaga -- all through shopping on Etsy!