Gratitude Sunday - 8/22

>> Sunday, August 22, 2010



 Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks:
for this is the will of God.
I. Thessalonians 5.16-18



*******************************************************


I feel like I've been under attack this past week. 

In both mind, body and spirit. 

I've had heavy, heavy thoughts about past mistakes, my quest for perfection, my lack of self-esteem, my see-saw spirituality.  I've been personally attacked (verbally, not physically) by people who I thought were my friends and family.

Earlier this week, my friend Cindy recommended that I start doing some positive affirmations to bring positive light and love back into my life.  So, instead of hiding in my journal, I've decided to make every Sunday "Gratitude Sunday" - where I share things that I'm grateful and thankful for.

I hope that you'll join me in starting your week on a positive note and open up your heart and mind to all that God has provided for us.

**********************************************


Gratitude Sunday - 8/22


That My Marine has a job that is stable and allows me to stay home with my beautiful girls.

For my 2 beautiful daughters and a husband who loves me...in spite of.......

For friends that will rally around me and lift me up when I feel at my absolute lowest.  This week, I have been surrounded by love and encouragement and affirmations

For Cindy who has become my sister where I have none, my confidant, and my therapist.  You are a true friend and I love you!

My parents who show their love for me and my family by sending "care packages" at least once a month.  Friday's package contained magnets, newspaper clippings, books, and organic cookies.

Symphony milk chocolate bars with toffee and almonds

I am grateful that God gave me a mind to create activities to enjoy with my girls and to create gifts that I can share with my family and friends

A good book and a never-ending list of talented authors that I can't wait to read

All my family is healthy and well and whole

Starbucks, garage sales, The Dollar Tree, and good kid's consignment stores

My morning quiet time


**********************************************


So what about you? What are YOU grateful for today?

3 comments:

Michelle Gibson August 22, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Great list! I love that you are counting your blessings. Continue to speak life with positive thoughts and I pray you have a blessed week!

Amber September 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

This is a great idea :) It really makes a difference to remind yourself of all that you have... even when you don't feel like it, lol. I am learning that.

Anonymous September 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Hi new friend, I am now following you via MBC.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP