Random Thoughts - Monday Edition

>> Monday, August 23, 2010



So, I'm trying to come up with a clever name for the newsletter that I'm writing for my MOPS group this year.  Our theme is "Momology", so I thought I'd do a twist on some art/science journal newsletters.  So, I Googled the subject and came up with a bunch of good ideas.  But when I came across the title for this very real publication, I just had to laugh.  When you read the acronym outloud, you'll see why......


Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences - (PNAS)


Oh, the things running through my mind....... (giggle)

"Hey!  The mailman stole my PNAS!"
"Bob, did you get your PNAS yet?"
"Boy, this month's PNAS was HUGE!"

(snort, snort.....)


****************************************


Nani finally lost that tooth yesterday morning.  At least she didn't swallow it or lose it.  I didn't have time to come up with anything creative to keep her tooth in, so for yesterday, it sat in a little medicine cup.  (The Tooth Pillow is next on my craft list!)  The tooth fairy left her $2 (yeah, we're cheap -- what of it?), two coloring pages, and a letter.  Nani crept into my room at 4am to whisper in my ear that the Tooth Fairy left her some money.


****************************************


The other day, I posted some pictures of some crafts I made with the girls.  Within a few minutes, I received an email from what I thought was a friend.  It was short and anything but sweet......
 
"Hey there!  Saw the pictures of your milk bottle caps.  Wow!  Must be nice to have all that time on your hands to sit around and do that.  Last time I was at your place, you were complaining about all the laundry you had to do...LOL.  I'm sure you would have felt a lot better if you did that instead of gluing letters to dirty milk caps....LOL."
 
And it went on for a few more sentences about that if I made a career out of crafting, I'd be broke since I wouldn't make any money and thanks for "clogging up her FB page with my "creations" ".
 
I was stunned.  I was angry.  And mostly, I was hurt.  And I had had enough.  I posted on FB that I wasn't posting any more pictures of my crafts on my page.  If anyone wanted to see anything, they could come to my blog. 
 
Can I just say that I was amazed at the outpouring of support that I got....all in favor of me posting my stuff and encouragement for being a good and active mom with my girls.  I'm not sure what this "friend's" intentions were, but thanks to her, I became fully aware of what a great group of friends that I really and truly do have.
 
Why do women do that to each other?  Why are we so catty and bitchy with each other?  I never, in a million years, could imagine myself writing something so mean....even sprinkled with some LOLs.  (Like that makes it easier to read....)
 
But in the end - she lost and I won.  My circle of friends rallied around me, lifting me up, soothing my hurt feelings and encouraging me along the way.  And my mean friend?
 
Click - Delete - Buh Bye!

****************************************

6 comments:

Truthful Mommy August 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

Sorry about the meanie. Why would someone go out of their way to be a snarky a**hole, I have no idea!Glad you deleted her, who needs that! Its your FB, post whatever makes you happy.Happy MOthering, sweetie!

Karen August 23, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Sorry that someone was mean to you. I think this is why growing up and into adulthood that most of my friends were guys. I mean now that I have my blog I have met some great women who have become "friends."

Oh and going to put your button on my blog. :-)

Anonymous August 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Hi there,

New follower from Meet Me Monday. I love these blog hops, they are great ways to meet some really awesome people. :)

Hoping you'll drop by for a visit whenever you get a moment. Thanks

Marie
The Things We Find Inside

Carly August 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

I think that sometimes women do that to other women because they are jealous of the life you have and that is there way of trying to make you feel small. It's a good thing you found out what kind of so called friend she really was. Don't ever let someone else change who you are. Keep posting those crafts mama, lot's of other people love them. =)

I'm your newest follower. Thanks for checking out my blog. I look forward to reading more.
Carly
www.WordyOwl.blogspot.com

Julia August 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Wow, what a nasty person to say that... I hate when women do that *sigh* Loved the PNAS jokes though... I needed a good laugh LOL

Jessica August 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

I can't imagine writing something so mean! If she didn't like all your posts, all she had to do is delete you as a friend. Craziness!

You stopped by my site yesterday. I'm your newest follower. Love your Gratitude Posts. I think we will have a lot in common :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP