Phone Books and Jungles and MOPS - Oh My!

>> Monday, August 16, 2010

NightOwlCrafting



I have been a crafting Energizer Bunny this weekend.  It's like all of a sudden the floodgates opened and the creativity could not be held back!

First - I was hosting a baby shower for my good friend "L".  They are having a boy and chose a jungle-theme for their nursery.  So for the baby shower invitations, I found these adorable craft foam frames at Hobby Lobby in their VBS aisle.  I printed out the invitation and stuck it on the inside.



Then, as part of her gift, I made a jungle-themed diaper cake with wood accents from Hobby Lobby and greenery from my craft stash.  Around the base, I scattered a bit of crafting moss.  The animals around the cake are two hand puppets which were stuffed with diapers and then just two regular stuffed animals (courtesy of Michael's)




As another gift, I made these three adorable onesies with lion and giraffe iron-ons.  After I was done, I sadly discovered that the onesies had small red spots all over them.  My fault since I should have checked them first.  I just couldn't give them as gifts, so now I have to come up with something else!



*************************************************************

My second craft project of the weekend involved fabric and phone books.
Ever wonder what to do with all those phone books that keep showing up on your doorstep?
Make them into booster seats!!

I had some flannel fabric which I cut to size and then hot-glued to the phone book, wrapping it like you would a present.



Then I took a non-skid placemat and cut that to size and glued that to the bottom of the phone book.
(The glue kept seeping through the holes and I can't tell you how many hot glue burns I got this afternoon!)


And viola!  Finished booster seat!



*************************************************************

My last crafting project involved making a t-shirt for my upcoming MOPS year.  I'm so excited!
I used letter stencils and painted them on with white fabric paint. 
Our theme this year is "Momology" with the primary colors throughout the logo, so I incorporated that into the tshirt, using the primary colors to outline the letters.
I can't wait to wear this to my meetings!




So, what have you created lately? 
Be sure to leave a link in your comments so that I can come back and visit!

9 comments:

melonbelly August 15, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

I love the booster seat idea! A lot more attractive and useful than letting the phone book slip all over the chair! :)

My latest craft (if you can call it that) is the monogrammed wall decor I made for our front door.

www.melonbelly.blogspot.com

PS Your diaper cake was so cute!

Sara August 16, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

The frame, diaper cake and onesies are adorable! So so cute! We were going to have a jungle theme if the baby was a boy, but she's a girl in there, so ladybugs it is!

Heather Jones August 16, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

Wow!! You were a busy momma! I wish I had time to scrapbook and do some of my creative hobbies. I have time at least once a day to get a blog post out in between dishes and laundry. Those iron on decals, look embroidered on. I'm impressed with everything!! So cool!

Stop by and visit me sometimes!! I'm your newest follower.
Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

Two Shades of Pink August 16, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Um...your phone book covered booster seat is brilliant. I stopped by to thank you for your sweet as pie comment and them got sucked into your brilliance over here. I am still smitten you cute, crafty, thing you!

Buckeroomama August 16, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

You are just a whirlwind of creativity!! The diaper cake is fantastic... LOVE the idea of stuffing the puppets with diapers! :)

Anonymous August 17, 2010 at 5:58 AM  

I'M GLAD I STOPPED BY !!! I' LOVING ALL YOUR CREATIONS :)

Jumping Jack August 18, 2010 at 1:47 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jumping Jack August 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Those onesies are adorable and what a great idea for a booster seat!!

Brandy @ Jumping Jack

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP