A Crisp Fall Day

>> Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On Saturday, we decided to take a drive and see if we could find some good spots to take some fall pictures.  Our original plan was to drive a little south to a town called Cripple Creek.  But somewhere along the way, My Marine changed his mind.  Which wasn't a bad thing.  We ended up driving along this little dirt road in this little valley.  There we discovered a running creek and some beautiful scenery.

We'd stop along the way and take some pictures.  The girls' favorite spot was at the little pull-off where we could walk right up to the stream.  They had a ball throwing rocks into the stream and Nani and I would take leaves and put them in the water and watch the currant take them away.

My Marine kept apologizing to me saying that this wasn't the route we were supposed to take.  But I told him that this was just as good.  We never would have found this route if we hadn't taken the alternate route.  The end result was the same -- we got some great pictures!

Kind of good reminder, though, about my walk with God.  I may want to take one route, but God will gently nudge me towards another - knowing that the scenery along the way is just as beautiful and the end result will always bring me to Him.

Here's some pictures from our day on Saturday!











6 comments:

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun October 20, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

What AMAZING photos!!! Looks like a really fun time! :-)

the mama October 20, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Sweet pictures! :) Some of the best trips I've ever been on are the ones without a planned route anyway. We should all do this more often!

Manzanita October 22, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

What adorable pictures. Your girls are very photogenic. It shows that they are completely at ease with the camera. Nice family.

Adventures October 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Great pictures!

I am your newest follower. I'd love it for you to follow me back at http://adventuresofthedomesticatedmama.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-blog-hops_22.html

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews October 22, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

What beautiful fall pictures!

I just found your blog on one of the Friday blog hops! Have a great night.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Unknown October 24, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

Wow, these are beautiful photos. I'm moving a little slow this week but, I'm a new follower from Friendly Friday. Hope you're having a great weekend!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP