Tot School

>> Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tot School
(Nudgie is 27 months old)
 
(To see what others are doing at Tot School, click on the "Tot School" above!)



We had a very light week this past week.  Nudgie had a touch of a stomach bug which Mommy quickly caught.  (And unfortunately, mommy didn't kick it quite as quickly as Nudgie did.)
As part of gearing up for Halloween, we spent an afternoon with big sister painting their pumpkins.



We baked cookies using the precut pumpkin cookie dough.  I hated to see the ends go to waste, so we just rolled them into flat cookies and put some raisins in them.





We made silly pumpkin faces with the felt pumpkins and face parts I made out of felt.




For something a little more fun, I pulled out our Elephant Game (the one where you have to catch the butterflies).  I'm not sure if I need to change the batteries, but the leaves wouldn't come through the elephant's trunk, so I just took it off and dumped a bunch of leaves in it, turned it on and watched the fun.  Nudgie really liked this a lot.




Our new toy this week was this Rainbow Peg Play.  I lined up the first row with some colored pegs and encouraged Nudgie to try to find the matches. 



Other random play.....

Playing with shapes puzzles

Coloring

Playing dress up


The other day, we were actually feeling a bit better, so we took a drive through the mountains to find some changing trees.  We came across this dirt road tucked into the mountains.  It had a beautiful stream, rock formations, and little spots that were perfect for throwing stones into the stream.  Here are some of my favorite photos from that afternoon:





****************************************************

Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

Tracey M. October 24, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

What a fun week! I couldn't tell it was "light", you did so many fun things. I love how the pumpkin felt faces turned out :o) My son would have loved the elephant game..he is SO into elephants right now! Have a great week.

Stefanie October 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Fun week! We painted pumpkins and played with a felt pumpkin today.

Mass Hole Mommy October 26, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Looks like fun! Me and my boys just finally got around to painting our pumpkins on Sunday...we usually do them much earlier so I can display them all month, but I was being a slacker this month I guess. LOL

Jenny October 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Love that picture of you with your baby girl!!!

MaryAnne October 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

I keep meaning to make felt pumpkins like that - thanks for the reminder!

RedTedArt October 27, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

What a wonderfully Autumnal week! Love all the different activities and the look of concentration on your girls' faces!!

Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Craty! Fabulous to see you there!

Maggy

JavaMama October 27, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

We too love Elefun! Great game. Love all your ideas!

Cori October 27, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

Looks like a fun week!! I love your pumpkin pictures :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP