Still in Limbo

>> Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So.....

I talked to the guys at Geek Squad yesterday about the status of my laptop.  The guy I talked to was really nice, but we're still in limbo about my laptop.

Turns out that TECHNICALLY my computer qualifies as a "junk-out" because this would be the 4th hardware repair on it.  However, Toshiba is trying to draw a fine line in the sand and say that because they had to replace the hard drive twice already (this would be the third time) that it TECHNICALLY doesn't qualify because it's not FOUR DIFFERENT REPAIRS.

Really???  Are you kidding me???

Fortunately, the guys at Geek Squad are in my corner and are fighting for them to replace it.  The manager is supposed to call me this afternoon and let me know what's going on.  I told him to tell his manager that I will NOT accept anything less than a new laptop.  I will NOT accept my laptop back - repaired or not.  And they need to get me an answer TODAY.

My Marine leaves for 3 weeks on Sunday -- and may be taking his laptop with him.  He's offered to leave his here and take one from work.  What a sweetheart!  But all his music is on this laptop. 

What a freaking nightmare!!! 

I HATE, HATE, HATE TOSHIBA!!!  I will NEVER, EVER buy a Toshiba product ever, ever again.

Whew!  That felt good!  Now - to keep my fingers crossed that Toshiba sees the error of their ways and gives me what I what!  Having faith that it will work out!

7 comments:

Mass Hole Mommy October 5, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

UGH! I know what you mean about Toshiba. I am currenly borrowing my step-sons toshiba laptop (because I dropped my laptop yesterday and it's being repaired) and it SUCKS! I can't wait to get mine back and give him back this hunk of junk. I don't even know how he uses it.

Julia October 5, 2010 at 6:23 AM  

Ohhh... I HATE Toshiba. Ours has been nothing but trouble since we got it. Within the first 2 weeks, I had to take it back in like 3 times. They refused to give me a new one until I threw a fit in the middle of the store lol This one didn't work much better. I will never, ever buy another one.

LucieP October 5, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

oh geez-I have a Toshiba- they cant be giving poor customer service! uggg
Love that your Marine kindly sweetly offered- so sweet and well trained-we like that! ;)

Helene October 5, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Darn Toshiba!! I hope they're able to fix it!!!!!!

Lisa C. October 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

That BLOWS... Funny how they ALWAYS seem to find the LITTLE things.. and they ALWAYS work in THEIR favor... /sigh/... We will keep your Marine in our prayers... and I guess your Toshiba too.. bwaahahahaha. Thanks for Linking up to Tag back Tuesday... I'm a military wife, and always enjoy supporting other Military wives.. I'm a new follower.. I look forward to reading more..

Jennifer Haas October 5, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

I have a Toshiba, I have not had any major issues, but I dont think I will ever buy another one.

Hope you get your new laptop soon!!!

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours October 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Do you tweet?

I know this sounds lame, but I know countless of people that have ranted about the poor quality/service about a product, and that producer has contacted that person personally to fix things. Worth a shot!!

I hope things get worked out ASAP. Good to know, for the future, though.

Good luck to your hubby! :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP