Score One For The Little Guy!

>> Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So, for those of you following my Toshiba laptop saga.......

Yesterday I talked to Derek - the head Geek over at Geek Squad.  Derek explained to me that in spite of Toshiba trying to give them the run-around, the Geeks stood strong.  It was a heroic battle of epic proportions, but in the end.....David slew Goliath.

I am getting a new laptop!

The little man will not be squashed by Big Bad Corporation!

What made me even more endearing to Derek?  Well, I called them at exactly 1:05pm.  I was told the day before that Derek starts his shift at 1pm.  I gave him 5 minutes to get settled before I called.  And Derek?  Dear sweet Derek apologized TO ME for not calling me sooner!  I told him that he had no need to apologize since I was the impatient one and couldn't wait for him to call me.

So, as a note of thanks, I have composed the following notes: 

*****************************************
Dear Toshiba:

While I am one small piece of stone under your corporate feet, yesterday, victory was mine.  Your piece of crap computer will no longer be the source of my high blood pressure and temper tantrums.  You may have tried your little tactics, but my might Geek Squad Warriors prevailed.  I suppose that I also can thank you, in a small way, for providing me with a BRAND NEW LAPTOP.

So...PPPfffffffftttttttttttttttt!!!

Sincerely -

A Happy Dell/HP/Compaq Laptop Customer

*****************************************

Dear Derek and the rest of you Geek Squad compadres -

I love you!  You embraced your Geek Status with pride and fought for the little man.  And won!  I appreciate all that you have done to ensure that I will never have to utter the words F****** Toshiba ever again.  You will no longer cringe when I walk up to your help desk and threaten to see how far a Toshiba laptop can be airborne.  And while it saddens me that I hope that after today, I never have to see you again, I will always bring any computer issue to your feet.  You guys rock!

Sincerely -

One Very Happy Geek Squad Customer

************************************************

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP