Clay Pot Nativity

>> Monday, November 22, 2010

So we don't have any snow on the ground.  Our decorations and tree aren't up.  But I AM playing Christmas CDs and I pulled out our Christmas movies this past weekend.

But the biggest thing that rings in the Christmas season here is the first of the Christmas crafts that I make.

I've been dying to make a little Nativity set for our entertainment center.  We have our traditional one that we've had since we first got married, but I wanted something homemade.  So I made this:


It was pretty easy to make.  I actually made it while watching Dancing With The Stars!

I used two miniature clay pots which I painted brown and dark blue.  The heads are those cute little wooden balls, which I left natural and just painted some eyes and glued on hair.  Baby Jesus was a little wooden doll body with painted eyes.  The manger was a clay plate painted brown with some straw glued on it.


Really.....it was that easy.

And I'm so proud of the finished product!





Linking this up at Crap I've Made


6 comments:

Carol E Wyer November 28, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

I love this post. Because 'Son' has left home this year Grumpy old Hubby has gleefully banned Christmas from our house. I miss those happy years of getting it all ready. Your post cheered me up hugely. New follower here now from Sunday relax and Surf blog hop.
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

Ron Cooper November 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

I’ve been following your neat blog from Relax & Surf Sunday blog hop. My Facebook page “Inspire” has inspiring messages. I post original quotes up to 3 times a day. Go to:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts

Ashlee Marie December 6, 2010 at 1:23 AM  

what fun! I love a good nativity. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

Maria Babin December 10, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

darling
would you mind linking this up to my ideas for children christmas link party, come grab a button and join in the fun!
http://busyasabeeinparis.blogspot.com/2010/11/christmas-ideas-for-children-des-idees.html
thanks for sharing!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP