Summer Vacation: Day 3 --> Sesame Street

>> Friday, June 10, 2011

It was a little cloudy and overcast yesterday, so I decided to do a Sesame Street theme for our morning activity.

We had a copy of Sesame Street Old School that I got from the library that we hadn't watched yet, so I put one in for us to watch while we colored.  


Sorry for the blurry picture.  I've been experimenting with different settings on our camera.
 I LOVED watching this with the girls.  Lots of episodes and skits that I remember as a kid -- and this was before Elmo, Zoe, and Abby!

For our coloring pages, I did a quick search online and found some great resource at PBS.org and the Sesame Street site.







After watching Sesame Street, I pulled out our Sesame Street Treasury book and we read a couple stories before moving on to our next craft.


I love this book because it's a great mix of stories, songs, and poems.  And there's also a few kid-friendly recipes thrown-in as well.

For our craft, we gave Big Bird feathers using glue and scrunched up yellow tissue paper.  I found the Big Bird pictures at Color Me Crazy (This site is a TREASURE TROVE of printables - coloring pages and activities.  Seriously, go check it out!)  This activity was a bit easy for Nani, but she was a great big sister, helping out Nudgie with her scrunching and gluing.  Overall - I think the girls had fun doing this.






And the crowning jewel of our morning was the Bert and Ernie fruit plate that I made them for lunch!


Not quite the effect I was going for.  Bert looks like he's bleeding from the mouth, but the girls recognized them.  I wonder, though, if they would have recognized them if we weren't doing a Sesame Street day!
 

Nudgie goes right for Ernie's eyes first
Bert was half a banana, raisins for the hair, marshmallows and raisins for the eyes, raspberries for the ears, nose, and mouth.  Ernie was half a tangerine with the same for hair and facial features.

I don't know -- kinda looked a little like them, don't you think?


So how many more days of summer vacation do I have left??

9 comments:

MaryAnne June 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM  

Summer vacation doesn't start here until the end of June!

You are a super-fun mom! I love the tissue paper Big Birds, and that snack is fabulous!!!

Julie Danielle June 10, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

Sesame Street is the best! We are 17 days in and ready for school...lol

Christy Killoran June 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

LOVE this! My boys have two more weeks of school.

I would definitely recognize Bert and Ernie - they came out great!

Dianna June 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

I love the Big Bird crepe paper project and the Bert and Ernie snacks. I definitely must do this soon! Thanks for the great ideas.

Rachel @ Linesacrossmyface June 11, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

The Bert and Ernie fruit snacks are sooo cute. They look just like them. I'm going to have to make this for my son :)

Jenae June 11, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

This looks like lots of fun...I especially love the Burt and Ernie snack!

Mozi Esme June 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

Those fruity guys are awesome - I love it!

Mel June 12, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

Thanks for being a new follower!

You're such a creative mama - I love the themed days and how you incorporated it even into the food!

cathy @ nurturestore June 16, 2011 at 11:26 AM  

I am in awe of your Bert and Ernie - love it!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP