Menu Monday and Murphy's Law - Military Style.

>> Monday, March 12, 2012

I would normally do my Menu Monday post here -- but to be honest -- I got nothing.  I'm winging it this week.  My Marine left yesterday for a 2 week training class so the girls and I are on our own.  I forsee lots of mac and cheese in my future this week with a little PB and J thrown in too.

It could also be that I'm afraid to use any of my kitchen appliances while My Marine is gone.  You know my old nemisis - Mr. Murphy?  I'm afraid that he'll be back with full force.  The last time he made his appearance I had a flood in my backyard, had my vacuum cleaner almost burn down my house and had our deck swing attack.  It was not pretty, people.

This time was no different.  My Marine left yesterday morning and already Mr. Murphy is starting to work his mojo.  Where do I start?

How about the morning that I had to take My Marine to the airport, Nudgie woke up at 4am in a crying fit and then threw up everywhere --for the next two hours.

Or how about the tire blowout I had while taking My Marine to the airport.  Our brand - new - tires that we just had put on a week ago.  All I have to say is thank God, the Virgin Mary and all the Saints that My Marine was with me and was able to change the tire -- because I'd probably STILL be sitting on the side of the road crying.

What makes this even wierder???  Well one of My Marine's buddies is also taking the same class, but a week ahead of him.  Last week on the way to the airport, they ALSO have a tire blow out......on the SAME PART OF THE ROAD AS US!!!  So follow me here.....

Both are guys are attending the SAME class - just a week apart......
They get a flat tire on the SAME spot of the road as us......

I couldn't make this up if I tried.  See why I'm afraid to use any electrical appliances???

I'm just going to wrap me and the kids up in bubble wrap and call it good.  Sounds like a good plan.....don't you think?

4 comments:

Mel March 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM  

Oh, that Murphy... :)

Hope everything goes well over these next couple of weeks!

www.headinthegameheartinthesand.blogspot.com

Helene March 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM  

Definitely sounds like Mr Murphy is stalking you!

Hopefully things will go off without a hitch from this point forward!

MaryAnne March 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM  

That's crazy!!! Hope you don't have any more strange incidents!

Vivian Kirkfield March 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM  

I'll be thinking about you, Jenn.
Hope all goes smoothly!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP