Deployment - Here We Go Again.....

>> Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted.  The past 2 months have just been crazy busy between My Marine's being gone at school and our travels to Portland and Pittsburgh.  We just got back this past Friday from an almost 2-week trip back to Pittsburgh.  It was so amazing and such a good trip.....I just didn't want to come home!  I'll be sharing more of those adventures over the next few days!

But....while we were in Pittsburgh, we got the news that My Marine will be deploying this summer for a year.  Starting in June, it will be a whirlwind of training before they actually leave for their MOB station.  (The place where they meet up with all the other soldiers to head overseas.)  It doesn't really leave us much time together as a family - really, only about 3.5 weeks. 

But even though this isn't my first rodeo, I still have mixed feelings about this deployment.

We knew it was coming....but it was a long time coming.  There were times where we would get so frustrated because we just weren't getting any information at all but were still told to move on as if.  That's kind of hard when you have kids that you need to prepare as well. 

This deployment won't be as long as his first one when he was gone 18 months.  Nani was only 8 months old when My Marine left.  He came home to a 2-yr. old.  At the most, we're looking at only 9-10 months overseas + 1-2 months training here in the U.S.  Not too bad.

The hardest part is going to be dealing with Nani.  She's much older now and more understanding that daddy needs to go away for awhile.  While she's ok now, I know there will be days when she won't be ok.  I'm planning on getting her a puppy when My Marine leaves.  He had no say in this.  I figured that with the puppy, it may help take her mind off missing daddy at times.  She'll have something to look forward to talking with daddy about.  I'm not sure how Zoja - our other Shepherd - will feel about it....but she'll suck it up like the rest of us.

So, in the meantime, I'm pulling on my big-girl deployment panties, making my checklists, and getting my ducks in a row.

Here we go again......

4 comments:

StephieD May 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM  

And always remember, that your Mil wife friends are here for you! I was thinking of emailing you because it had been so long since you posted, glad to know you've been enjoying your time away from the keyboard :)

Vivian Kirkfield May 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM  

Hi Jennifer,
I am in awe of your matter-a-fact, upbeat attitude towards what must be an extremely difficult situation. Many wives complain because their husbands are gone for a weekend business trip...you are having to deal with many, many months of being without the man that you love. I'm so sorry...but so proud of you...do you have a support system close at hand?

MaryAnne May 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM  

A puppy sounds good to me. I'm always in awe of the grace with which so many military families handle the upheaval and worry of a deployment.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP