Getting Ready for Deployment -- Countdown!

>> Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Over the past week, the kids and I have been crafting like crazy getting ready for My Marine's deployment. 

One of the first things we did was make this countdown calendar.  There's a lot of ideas out there on Pinterest and I had it narrowed down to the chalkboard countdown and the calendar cubes countdown.  In the end, My Marine decided that he liked the chalkboard better.   I have to say - I did too.



I found the chalkboard for 50% off at JoAnn's.  It was already white so no repainting necessary.  It did have a floral background on the top, so I just recovered it with some patriotic scrapbook paper. 



JoAnn's also had packages of felt red, white, and blue stars.....so I snatched them up and glued them at the edges.  Add a photo of My Marine and the girls, some stickers and viola!



Deployment countdown calendar!



0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP