Getting Ready for Deployment - Memory Box

>> Thursday, May 24, 2012

The girls understand that daddy has to go away again -- this time for a long time.  While Nudgie still doesn't quite grasp the concept of time, Nani is definitely understanding what's going on -- telling anyone who listens that her daddy has to go away for 365 days. 

A lot is going to happen in that time - 2nd grade, preschool, ballet recitals, etc.  To help the girls remember some of those special moments, I wanted to make something special so that the girls could share those memories with their daddy.  Something different than a scrapbook.

So, after stalking browsing Pinterest, I got a great idea.

I found this AWESOME box at Goodwill for $1.99.  It was meant to be as the box has two sides - one for Nani and one for Nudgie.  I picked up some felt letters and stickers at JoAnn's and Michael's and one night put together our "While You Were Away" box.






I also picked up some red, white, and blue construction paper and we'll cut out paper hearts for them to write on.  Anytime one of them has a special event or just want to share a good day with daddy, we'll write them on the hearts and put it in their side of the box.  They can also add pictures, souveniers, etc. -- anything they want to share with daddy.

When My Marine gets home, we'll sit down over a couple of nights and go through the box -- and share those memories with daddy!


4 comments:

Becca May 24, 2012 at 7:34 AM  

This is such an awesome idea! I love it for both kids and adults :) I am not a scrapbooker at ALL, and I like how you can just leave this out where everyone can see it and add to it. Perfect. On that note, we are sending prayers your way for a safe return and much appreciation for your sacrifices.

Beth May 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM  

great idea. I agree. It's ideal for the nonscrapper, like me! :D Keeping you in my prayers.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads August 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM  

I love that! It looks fantastic and what fun y'all will have going through things when he gets back home. :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP