I Am What I Am - Don't Judge Me......

>> Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So, Monday night I jumped on the bandwagon and started reading 50 Shades of Grey.  I've always been a little behind when it comes to popular fiction, so it took me awhile to warm up to the thought of reading this book.  But read it I did......in one night.....until 3am....I could not put it down.

Tuesday morning, I jump on Facebook and posted a comment about reading 50 Shades until the wee hours.  Shortly after, I receive an email from a recent FB acquaintance that I had recently made through a military wives FB page.  She was informing me that she was defriending me because I read the book.  She went on to say that I was not the person she thought I was and that my marriage was doomed, that I'm a wanton heathen, and it went on and on.  First, I was shocked.....then I got angry.....then I laughed.....

And then I posted about it on Facebook......and started a firestorm that spanned almost 2 hours and 125+ comments.

But all that got me thinking.....how well do you and my "friends" on Facebook really know me?  I have friends on FB that I've been friends with since high school....friendships that span 15, 20 years.  Anyone else is merely an acquaintance.  But it also got me thinking about who I am and who I choose to allow within my circle......

So, I'm taking this post and sharing a few things that may surprise you, may make you laugh, may cause you to stop reading my blog or defriend me.  And so be it.....I am what I am......

And so, I peel away the layers to allow you a little bit more of a better glimpse into who I am and what makes me tick.

I have a tattoo (and want more).  I like to drink.  And if the mood and accompanying friends are right, may engage in a cigarette or two.....

I have never done drugs.....ever.  Not even smoking weed.  However, alcohol is another story.  I prefer beer, but can switch to wine whenever the occasion calls for it.  Tequila is my shot of choice.  I don't like "sweet" drinks or whiskey.  The last time I got skunk-raving drunk was a year ago.....and it really wasn't pretty.....

I have an interesting sense of humor....laced with sarcasm.  I love my sense of humor....and yes, sometimes it has gotten me into trouble or has caused some hurt feelings.

I feel things extremely deeply and take things very personally.  Because of that, I often hold grudges and will chew on some "offense" like my Zoja on a chewie.  It takes a while for me to forgive.

Hurt me, my family, or anyone in my circle of friends and you will see the Mama Bear come out like never before.  (See point above.....)

I've been the victim of bullies.  And because of that, I will not tolerate any type of abusive behavior....period.

I love my children and my husband with the fierceness of the entire animal kingdom put together.

I enjoy my smut from time to time.  I believe it just adds, not takes away, from my relationship with my husband.  It does not make me a pervert or a heathen or a wanton hussy....(although I am willing to learn....(see, there's that humor again....))

I like to flirt.  I believe there's safe flirting and unsafe flirting.

I am not the perfect wife and mother, although I would give anything for you to believe it.  Sometimes I will go days without cleaning my house or doing laundry.  There are days when my girls get on my last nerve that I send them to their rooms with their dinner and a movie just so I don't kill them and bury them in the backyard....

I like to believe that the more I do for you, the more you'll like me.  Not healthy....and I'm working on that....

I like going to bars and clubs......I prefer to dance with my husband, but he's not a big dancer.  During his last deployment, me and some other wives would have a regular girls night out.  We went to a bar that was safe for us....everyone knew us, the bouncer watched out for us, we were taken care of.  And yes, we would dance with other men.  We all watched out for each other....and yes, our husbands knew because we had open communication and told them everything.

I love hard rock and heavy metal.  I love to get my headbanging on.  I love driving around with my windows down, stereo up as loud as it will go, rocking out and singing at the top of my lungs...

I struggle with God every single day.  I never claimed to be a good Christian wife and mother.  I am searching and I fail every single day.

But there it is.....a few things about me in a nutshell.  Love me or leave me.....it makes no difference to me.....

8 comments:

Jodi June 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM  

OMG! I knew there was a reason I liked you! I am some of the way you are. The sarcasm is me too! Plus the sense of humor that not alot of get. But I believe like you. I am who I am and if you don't like it. Then I am sorry. Not changing for anyone. I have been through alot in my life.. You really made me laugh reading this. lol

Stephanie June 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM  

The thing about being a Christian, is that we are FORGIVEN, not perfect! And there lies the beauty in God's Grace.

I love you. I think you and I would be very very good friends, if we lived near each other!!

Remember---be who you are because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter!!!
HUGS!!!!

MaryAnne June 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

I don't understand the unfriending/unfollowing over a single difference - for me, it's more about sharing similarities than dwelling on differences.

Anonymous June 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM  

You are so dam awesome!!! You described me to a T!!!!Can I be your next door neighbor????
<3
Peggy

Inclusive Sex Ed June 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM  

I will be honest, a few of these did shock me...in a good way!

The biggest shocker is that you say you aren't the perfect wife and mother. You sure have me fooled!!

I guess I will stick around.

Hugs!
Carrie

Julie Danielle June 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM  

Oh my...people surprise me. Nice reading more about you :)

Dawn June 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

Love you, definitely not leaving you.

Saw the best facebook status today. It made me laugh and wish I had seen it yesterday to add it to the comment list, and that was quite a comment list! "Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded..."

I love that even though you do care what other people think, you don't give a damn what people think. I love that you are bold enough to not try to be someone you are not to please people.

You are amazing. You aren't perfect, none of us are. But you are a great woman, a great wife, a great mother and a great friend. The loss was actually on the other persons end, not yours. They lost out on a genuine, caring, kind, and loyal friend.

Sara June 20, 2012 at 8:10 PM  

a facebook acquaintance of mine just posted today that she didn't want to read fifty shades of grey because of the hype. her friends went on to completely trash the books and say how badly written they were and on and on. it shocked me that they were so in a tizzy about them. they are books! books that i happen to think were really good! ;) we all need an escape sometimes. that is what reading is for me. it doesn't mean i live my life the way the characters in the book do. don't worry about her! and read the other two asap!! :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP