Summer Bucket List - 2012

>> Friday, June 8, 2012

One night last week, My Marine had a late training mission.  So after I tucked my littles into bed, I sat down and started to come up with a summer bucket list for the girls.  With Daddy leaving this summer, I want to make sure they are kept occupied and that they get to do some special things with mommy too.  So here's what we came up with!

I picked up this blank calendar template from my favorite store - Beyond the Blackboard and the post-it notes from the clearance section at Michael's.  Using my favorite markers, I got to work!



So, the calendar is very general and loosely scheduled.  Each different colored post-it notes have different activities. 

Pink = already scheduled activities (Vacation Bible School, ballet, weekends aways, etc.)
Green = outdoor activities (zoo, parks, etc.)
Orange = crafts of all sorts
Yellow = cooking & baking
White = Family snuggle time (movies, games, reading out loud, etc.)


When we get to the post-it note, then the girls get to pick which activity they want to do from the list.  (Shared below)    Again, it's all very, very loosely planned and scheduled to change of course.....but it gives us a basis -- and the much-needed structure the girls will need more than ever this summer....












 
So what's on YOUR bucket list this summer?

2 comments:

America's Next Top Mommy June 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM  

I totally love this!! I created a similar list of fun activities for my kids but I'm loving your "bucket list" with crafts and other great stuff!

Totally inspired! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty June 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

Nice list - I like how you color coded and split it into sections. I bet girls will be very excited about a new puppy!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP