31 Days of Giving - Update!!

>> Friday, December 21, 2012



So far, our 31 Days of Giving has been going very well.  I've had to readjust a few days...but in the end have managed to "give back".....even if in just a small way!  Some of the things we've been doing.....

Donate Coffee to the Troops:
I started off simple and made an online coffee donation to the troops through the "Cup of Joe" program. For just a $2 donation, you can donate a cup of coffee to a service member overseas.  
 

 I've already gotten some email "thank you cards" from our donation.  It's such a nice feeling!!

If you'd like to make your own donation, click here!

 
Donate Toys To Children In Need:
On Black Friday, I took the girls for our traditional Toys for Tots drop off.  Starting in January, we keep a box in our garage and fill it up throughout the year of random toys and items for T4T.  By December, we have a trunk full of toys to donate!



Instead of shopping on Black Friday, we take toy donations to a local T4T drop off and then go to lunch.  I love teaching my girls about giving....and not focusing totally on getting.

I also did a toy donation through the Dollar Tree and purchased toys for a Catholic children's charity.


Random Acts of Giving:
At least once a week, I offer to pay for the coffee of someone behind me in the Starbucks drive-through.  I love doing it and never question the cost.  Earlier in the month, Starbucks was doing their 12 Days of Gift Giving.  On two separate days, I purchased one of these gifts and asked the barista to randomly give it to someone going through the drive-through.  I really liked this one a lot because I had NO idea who was going to receive my gift.  I hoped and prayed that it was someone who could really use a lift or a smile.

At our local thrift store, I purchased a couple cute Christmas mugs and filled them up with tissue paper, packets of hot chocolate and some candy canes.  I gave one to my regular mailman, one to our trashman, and put a third on the door step of my neighbor.  I have one more that I still need to give away!

I also did a couple secret acts of giving as well....but they're still a secret so I won't be sharing those!!


 A few months ago, I read "29 Gifts" by Cami Walker and was so inspired by it. I went to the website "29-Day Giving Challenge" and registered.  I do want to say that this project has 1) brought me great joy and 2) has come back to me in more ways than I could even imagine!  (And I'll be writing more about that in the next day or two!).

I really enjoyed doing this and am planning on doing this again during Lent!

1 comments:

Tina Hollenbeck December 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM  

Hi! I'm stopping by from the No More Perfect Moms group. Looking forward to getting to know you as we all help Jill launch the book. :^)

Tina

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP