Farewell Chippy!

>> Saturday, January 12, 2013

It was time for Chippy to go back to the North Pole.  I have to admit....I was sad to see him go.  I've had a lot of fun with him over the Thanksgiving/Christmas season.  So much fun that I ended up having to do two separate activites for him.

There was Kiddie Chippy - who did loveable harmless antics around the house and then there was Adult Chippy - who got himself into so much trouble that he ended up in court.  But no matter which Chippy you loved more, it was time for him to go.

Chippy started off Christmas Eve by leaving the girls one last Christmas surprise.  He left some special reindeer food and some special coloring pages so the girls could remember him all year long.







And then, right before Chippy had to fly back to the North Pole, the girls each got some special time with Chippy to say goodbye.  He had one last gift for them -- Cookie Monster mugs!  (These are so adorable.  They're HUGE and then have a little plate built into Cookie Monster's mouth just for cookies!)

Also, because it was Christmas Eve, Chippy had some extra magic that made it possible for the girls to touch him - and he wouldn't lose his magic AT ALL!  So Nani and Nudgie were each able to say goodbye to Chippy with hugs and kisses.


 
 






Shortly after Chippy got shoved back into the Thanksgiving storage box flew back to the North Pole, Nudgie came running upstairs to tell me that "Sissy's crying because of Chippy".  I went downstairs to see my sweet 8-yr. old in tears because Chippy had to leave.  I admit, I got a little teary-eyed too.....who would have thunk it!  But I held Nani close and told her that Chippy had to go back to the North Pole and that he had a Mommy and Daddy who missed him and that his job - for now - was done. 

That seemed to calm her down a little bit.  And Mommy thinks that Chippy may have to make his appearance a little earlier in November now!

1 comments:

OurWanderingAdventures January 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM  

It's a magical age. My 8 year old was in tears as well when Charlie the Elf flew away. I have to admit that my husband and I were pretty sad to see him go. It's amazing how much he made us smile.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP