>> Monday, February 11, 2013
New Year. New Year's Resolutions. Work out, eat healthy, blah, blah, blah.
January sucked for me. Post-holiday blues, just overall BLAH! A friend of mine is a Beachbody coach and started a Beachbody challenge -- work out, log in meals, etc. etc. I thought, ok.....I'll join. Maybe the accountability will be good for me. And since it's a friend, I really need to be accountable.
I did ok....at first....logged in, but in early January there wasn't much exercise. I had no energy and no motivation. I JUST.....DIDN'T.....WANT.....TO.
So reluctantly, I started to try to find a workout that fit me. It's hard to get to the gym and I'm more of an early morning person, so workouts first thing are the best for me. I ordered Turbo Fire, Rockin' Body and recently Turbo Jam and started doing them at home. Sporadically....but I was doing them...
Then I had to take "Before" pictures, take measurements, and weigh myself. That alone was enough to send me into an anxiety-filled tailspin. I put if off and put it off.
I was ashamed. I was embarrassed. I didn't want to see....really see...how bad I let myself go.
I bit the bullet and took the pictures, and took the measurements, and weighed myself.
And then I cried.
Slowly I started to make some subtle changes:
* My normal Starbucks consisted of a grande cinnamon dolce latte with 4 extra pumps of white mocha. I scaled back cold turkey and went to a tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte with no extras.....maybe one a week now.
* I don't eat breakfast. Bad, I know. I don't have time....period. I've got two kids to get out the door and getting up early to workout and then get the day started doesn't allow much time to make breakfast. So I started doing Shakeology. I have to admit.....I loved it. My friend gave us little menus on how to "dress them up".....and these recipes have been a God-send!
* I'll occassionally also have a shake for lunch too.
* Instead of eating on a full dinner plate, I scaled back to a smaller lunch plate. Makes a HUGE difference.
* I started measuring and bought a food scale. Amazing how much you really eat when you measure vs. not measuring!
So with all these subtle changes, on Super Bowl Sunday I did a weigh in and was surprised to see the numbers were down. Not much....but enough to motivate me to try on a pair of jeans I hadn't worn since before I was pregnant with Nudgie.
Imagine my surprise.....and thrill....when I saw that they were BIG and LOOSE!!!
If that wasn't the motivation to step up!
That week I went and bought new jeans -- 2 sizes smaller. For the first time....in a long time....I didn't have to buy plus-sized jeans!
That also inspired me to bump up my workouts to 2x/day.
I'm inspired.....I'm motivated.....and I'm on my WAY!