2016 - A New Beginning.....Again

>> Friday, January 1, 2016

How is it that I can both simultaneously love and hate New Year's? 

I hate it because it really marks the end of Christmas.....the tree droops a little more, the lights have a little less sparkle, the decorations look cluttered.

But I love it because it's a fresh slate....a new beginning.....a chance to start over.  The possibilities ahead of you are endless.....and it's all yours for the taking.

I've looked back on prior blog posts and saw that I've created "RESOLUTIONS".  I've had general lists, I've broken them into categories.....but no matter what, they're always the same -- be a better wife, be a better parent, do this, don't do that.....blah, blah, blah, blah.  And within a few days or weeks, I failed or just plain stopped trying.


But in light of some personal changes I've been going through over the past few months, I've decided to skip the list and jump on the bandwagon of choosing one word to be my focus for the New Year.  But then I ran into a dilemma......what words to pick?  What if I pick the wrong word?  (Yeah, I tend to overthink everything.....it's a curse!)

In the end, I felt pulled to two words -- SIMPLICITY and DETERMINATION.  And who says you need to just pick one word?  Last year, I picked two -- FAITH and HOPE......because in my mind, you can't have one without the other.  I felt the same way about these words.  A friend suggested that we have a family word and a personal word. 

So, I decided that SIMPLICITY would be our family word and DETERMINATION would be my personal word.




SIMPLICITY

Learning to say NO without guilt.
Cutting back on technology.

Cutting back on spending.
Not worrying about keeping up with the Doe Family.

More family time.
More decluttering.
Learning to live with less, not more.


DETERMINATION
 
Determination to pay down at least 5 of our debts.
Determination to use cash more.
Determination to control my spending & be more on top of paying bills.
Determination not to buy approval.
Determination to become healthier and fitter.
Determination to see my business grow.
Determination to step out of my comfort zone.
 
 
And so as the New Year starts, I sit here determined and full of a desire for simplicity.   Some days will be easier than others, I know.....but I'm sure as heck going to try!

Do you pick a word for the New Year?  I'd love to hear what some of YOUR words are!

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP