Random Thoughts - Monday Edition (4/12)

>> Monday, April 12, 2010

Today is a special day for me and My Marine.  Today is our 23rd annivesary.  I know what you're thinking - huh??  Aren't they only married 15 years?  Why yes, yes we are.  But today - on this day in 1987 we met for the first time and my life has not been the same since.  We met when we were 17 years old and I knew, even then, that he was the one.  Went to college together and eventually got married in 1995.  You literally could call us an old married couple!  YIKES!

**********************************

Oh, was I one pissed off and sad mama Saturday night.  I went to upload the photos from the past few days and my camera card decided to take a vacation.  I wasn't able to retrieve ANY of the photos at all -- and then the damn thing reformatted the camera card so now I have NO chance at all of retrieving those photos.  I lost photos of Nani's WOW Day at school, My Marine's 40th birthday, and crafts that Nani and I did.  After much cursing, crying, and throwing the camera across the room, I calmed down enough to read a message on FB from my friend Dan who reminded me that I have the memories in my heart.  Thanks Dan!

**********************************

Gotta love the military.  My Marine was in the field this weekend.  He sends me this picture:


Yep -- gotta love the military!

**********************************

The sacrifices we make for our husbands. For My Marine's recent birthday, I bought him the DVD of "Army of Darkness" with Bruce Campbell (you may know him as Sam from "Burn Notice"). I have to say that this movie was one of the stupidest movies ever made and I can't believe that I spent hard-earned eBay money on it. But it's a movie that he likes and (ahem) enjoys. So I took the plunge and went into the store to buy it.........only to have the teenage cashier with multiple nose and tongue piercings say to me..."Duuuuddeeee!!! Like this is the BEST - MOVIE - EVER. I so wanted to say "Honey, I saw this movie in the theater when it first came out - and HATED it!" -- but that would give away my age (although I don't think math was high on this kid's priority list.) The things I do for My Marine.

**********************************

Nani had two special days at school this past week -- her Easter party on Tuesday and her WOW Day on Thursday (WOW Day is a special day where she gets to invite her family, bring a special snack and gets to do all the classroom jobs.)  Thursday night, as I'm tucking her into bed she says, "Mommy, I was so happy that you came to my school this week." Sniff! Sniff! That statement alone is worth all the sacrifices we make so that I can stay home with my babies.

**********************************

I'm a winner!!  Over at Family Sanity Reviews, they were giving away this Mountain Rose Relaxation Kit


And I WON!!!  I'm very excited!!  My friend, Dina, who writes for that blog, dropped it off for me the other night and I couldn't wait to use the herbal bath blend.  If you get the chance, head on over and visit Dina's blog.  She's an awesome woman who was one of the first moms I met when I moved to Colorado.  She's very into homeopathic remedies, aromatherapy, mandalas, and is a belly-dancing knitter.  How much more eclectic can you get?  (Stay tuned too -- I may just talk her into providing a giveaway some time soon!)

4 comments:

The Four Week Vegan April 12, 2010 at 6:23 AM  

Wow, happy anniversary!!! I have no clue the actual date I met my hubby, how do you remember? I have an idea of the month and year, but actual date, no way. We met at a group thing for church and we didn't start dating for another year or so.

One Photo April 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Lovely post today - my husband and I also always celebrate our first date anniversary. We are a little behind you though having been together 16 years and married for 10. Congratulations!

I am SO sorry to hear about your camera. I know how you must have felt having had my most recent Momnesia attack which led to me losing my camcorder which had all the video footage from my daughter's birthday etc on that I had not yet loaded onto the computer........

I love what you wrote about your daughter's special day at school. So glad she enjoyed it and you got to share her day.

Vanessa April 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Happy Anniversary!! :-) I'm sorry about your card on your camera -- that happened to me but it was just my trip to CA that got wiped out. I was bummed, but I'm way more fearful of losing the pics I have on my computer!

Beth Zimmerman April 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Happy Anniversary! :) So sorry about the photos! And high 5 on the happy mama! :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP